Sweet recipes • French toast on sliced bread
- 500g Breden Master wholemeal sliced bread
- 7 large eggs
- 500ml of milk
- 1 box of light whipping cream (200ml)
- 50g panela sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Honey, agave syrup, fruits, powdered sugar.
- In a bowl, beat all the ingredients except the bread at medium speed.
- Cut the bread into cubes and put half of them in a previously greased baking dish. Then put half of the previous mixture on the bread and let it soak.
- Repeat the procedure, arranging a last layer of bread and the rest of the mixture.
- Let the mixture sit in the refrigerator overnight or at least 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top bread begins to brown.
- Serve immediately and optionally combine it with honey, agave, fruits or whatever you want!